Responsive Adaptive Design

What is "Responsive Webdesign" or "Adaptive Webdesign"?

By Responsive/Adaptive Webdesign one understands a design and a programming of websites, which react to the characteristics of the used device. This concerns in particular the arrangement of elements such as navigation, page columns and texts as well as the use of input methods such as mouse (click, move over) or touch screen (wipe, tap).

Responsive Webdesign is based on percentage. For example, it specifies that the entire screen area is always used and the navigation occupies 33% of the width of the screen, while the remaining 67% is assigned to the content area. This means that no matter which resolution is available to a display of a device, the display adapts itself.

From a certain size (e.g. for smartphone displays), this percentage division no longer makes sense. This is where the adaptive web design comes in. Depending on the screen size of the used device, for example, this provides for adjustments to the design that enable meaningful operation and legibility even with small display devices (e.g. smartphones, wearable, etc.).

This includes, for example, changed navigation displays via a button for displaying the navigation, an arrangement of the content elements and/or the navigation elements among each other.

Since the use of mobile devices is increasing more and more, modern websites should take this into account by designing and programming them in "Responsive/Adaptive Web Design". Besides, this also increases the ranking in the search engines.

 

Want to learn more?

Send us an e-mail or give us a call.We would be glad to advise you!